Friday, February 26, 2010

I'm lived at Denver, Colorado and I also owned my house, and I want to buy house at Orange, California as ?

investment. I have heard someone told me that my tax will be higher more than in Colorado. Is it true? ThankI'm lived at Denver, Colorado and I also owned my house, and I want to buy house at Orange, California as ?
I can't speak for Orange County, but in LA county (the one next door) real estate taxes are 1.25% of the purchase price of the home. So a $500K home would come with a yearly tax bill of about $6250 or about $500 a month just in taxes!





I have lived here for 2 years and was horrified at home prices and at the tax rates when we first arrived. Home prices are coming down it's true, but really do your research before you purchase here.





You should be able to access tax and sale information from the site I have referenced below. I say you should as you need a specific address in orange county and I don't have one. This site should give you information about when a home was sold last and for what amount as well as the taxes that are due / were paid on the property. Those tax amounts and the last sale date should give you the tax rate if it isn't listed elsewhere on the site.





Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment