Sunday, February 21, 2010

Do I need to use my realtor if my friend wants to buy house and my realtor has not listed it yet?

I hired a real estate agent to sell my house. I signed the listing agreement contract, but my house is not scheduled to be listed for another 2 weeks. Can I kindly tell my real estate agent their services are not needed and do it between me and my friend.?Do I need to use my realtor if my friend wants to buy house and my realtor has not listed it yet?
well that all depends on what your listing agreement says, i know that when we sold our home, in the agreement it states that we would be working with that specific realtor for a certain amount of time then could change realtors if they did not deliver the results we where looking for.. i would read through that agreement word for word and be careful you do not want to break the agreement..


i found a site online with seller tips maybe it will have something in there about your situation


http://www.barryloomis.com/RealEstateTip鈥?/a>


Hope it helps! Good LuckDo I need to use my realtor if my friend wants to buy house and my realtor has not listed it yet?
No....your lawyer can prepare the Agreement of Purchase and Sale for a whole lot less.
better read you listing agreement very carefully, that will be the controlling authority. Your house may not be listed for another two weeks, but you did sign a contract when does the contract go into effect? what does it about selling under contract?
You will have to look at your listing agreement. Normally there is wording that says something like: if it is sold to anyone due to your listing, seeing the listing, or from the multiple listing, then you owe commission.





The realitor normally doesn't want to create hard feelings. On the surface it sounds like you told your friend that you were going to sell and she was interested. If so you realtor had nothing to do with it. You should be safe. Are you going to buy a different place,,are you going to use the realtor to help you. That might make it easier.
Hmm, I am not sure what the law states. However, you are entitled to a change of heart. Maybe tell the agent you have decided not to sell and send some flowers or a gift certificate for a nice restaurant. Then, quietly sell your home to the neighbor.
I believe the right answer is to amend the contract to allow for an exclusion for your friend. If not I think you can cancel your listing agreement because it has not been put into effect.





Hope that helps.





If you are in the market for a mortgage, home equity loan, or refinance get up to 4 FREE No Obligation Mortgage Rate Quotes at http://www.m-o-r-t-g-a-g-e-r-a-t-e.com





LEARN HOW you can save some serious money with


http://www.h-o-m-e-e-q-u-i-t-y-l-o-a-n.c鈥?/a> and FREE Home Equity Loan Information





Get details on a FREE HOME SECURITY SYSTEM http://www.h-o-m-e-s-e-c-u-r-i-t-y.com
No. I believe if you signed a contract to use her there should be something in it that reads if you bring your own buyer and can prove it (letting her know about it before she lists it,) you do not have to use her. Hope this helps.
I don't advise just doing it with your friend. You need an expert to insure that your friend is financially, and legally, able to purchase. Your friend should still get a home inspection and termite inspection for their own good. The Realtor can oversee the appraisal. Keep up with the lender's requests for additional documentation. And assist the closing attorney with other needed selling documents.





First time homebuyers are not always as savvy as the other posters who've commented here.





For a smaller fee (perhaps 2%) you can get your Realtor to provide both of you with sound, professional judgment so that both your interests are protected.

No comments:

Post a Comment